Jokes, Humorous Rants and Other Oddities
Literary Jokes. Jokes about writers and their works, probably not funny to most of you. Heh.
Science Jokes. Very geeky, but so very much fun.
Naughty Jokes. I'll warn you, the sort of stuff I laugh at might make you go "ewww".
Sports Jokes. Every joke that I can find to go here is just painful.
Fantasy/Game Themed Jokes. Also very geeky, but also very much fun.
See the happy moron, he doesn't give a damn. I wish I were a moron. My God! Perhaps I am.
Drinking Games I have Played
[and their results]
- Dune Shots: Take a shot whenever a fremen offers to take a person's water, a sandworm shows up, or [alternately] a bene gesserit shows up. [This one might actually kill you. The problem with this as a drinking game is you have to either have too many things to make it worthwhile or too many things. Played with shots, it nearly got me. Might make a better "sipper".]
- Scategories Sips: Play pointless (as in without score keeping, not without purpose) Scategories. Get a good mixed drink or a beer, or maybe a straight shooter and just take sips. Play each round as per normal. At the end of the round, every scoring oppurtunity missed (either by duplicates or by blanks) requires a sip (this is why you don't shoot this one). [Probably the most fun I had with a drinking game, just because it quickly escalates into a panicked silliness. On the last round we played, where the letter was "N", I answered "nachos" for almost everything and just drank an entire gin and tonic for the fun of it. Plus the sips over shots means you are less likely to die if you lag behind.]
- Scrabble Shots: Playing Scrabble by normal rules (sans points), you take a shot if you cannot make at least a four letter word, and everyone else takes shots if you make a seven or more letter word (and yes, adding a "s" to the end of a six-letter word counts.[Overall a fun one to play in a wordy crowd. Usually starts out with people not quite in the hang of it, followed by a burst of creativity, followed by a collapse into drunkeness. Most excellent results.]
- Scrubs' Janitor Game: You watch Scrubs. Every time the janitor walks out, you take a shot.[This is where I found out that the original couple of series had the Janitor show up more or less three times every episode. Three or so episodes in and I was done. Note, though, that this is partially do to make shots for everyone after the second episode.]
The things people say that probably made sense in context, but not the snippets I got.
People I have been said to look like
- "Blues Traveller"
- Michael Moore
- Peter Jackson
- That guy named Rob (or Frank) I used to know
(People often say they knew someone like me in Highschool)
- "an Arab"
- Hurley (from lost)
- John Rhys-Davies
- Hagrid (as in Harry Potter's friend)
- Pavarotti (is that spelled right?)
Why I made this comment
COMING SOON! "That guy from that Fionna Apple video."
"The hidden is greater than the seen."